Just a few news but Chimère has continued its evolution.
First of all there are changes in the tools: a move has been made from SVN to Git.
Two branches have been created:
- A 1.0 branch which is the first stable version of Chimère. Based on Django 1.0 there is only a few people concerned by this branch: no evolutions only corrections on this branch.
- The 1.1 branch is based on Django 1.2. It has received the last improvements.
The new features:
- Events. Now you can easily announce and geo-localize items at a specific date.
- RSS feeds integration (whole site, on a specific area, on a specific category).
- Multiple categories for an item.
- The ability to cut an instance by areas. Each area has got its own categories and a specific URL (the main URL + /the-area-name)
- A dynamic evaluation of categories available on the user screen.
Most of the new features are available on the Carte OuVerte rennaise.